Look no further for the latest in Sports and Entertainment Law News!
Putting Up Links for Sports and Entertainment…the PULSE.
- President Obama appears to have gone to the top of the entertainment industry for advice.
- Billion dollar anti-piracy suit haunts Russian couple.
- Obama administration takes a look at possible copyright changes, could change future of new media.
- The metal band Poison responds to song theft allegations.
- Two adult films companies settle and agree on ownership of two of the most famous adult films.
- An Egyptian man escapes from a gang who was trying to force him to do adult films because of his resemblance to Saddam Hussein.
- Poker is not protected by the First Amendment.
- Taylor Swift sues a gossip magazine for posting a topless photo of what it claims is her and she claims it is not.
- The company that owns the right to ‘Power Rangers’ is suing the producers of knock-off Halloween costumes.
- Artists file suit against Sotheby’s, Christie’s and eBay.
- Hilary Swank fires members of her management team for attending Chechen dictator’s birthday party.
- NBC must defend popular show’s ‘To Catch a Predator’ lawsuit.
- Kim Kardashian files for divorce: how they both raked in the cash.
- Roger Clemens moves to have the federal government pay for his lawyer fees associated with the first botched trial on perjury and obstruction of justice.
- Sponsorships in sports are now more relevant than ever.
- Edward Rife, that tattoo parlor owner associated with the Ohio State football scandal, gets sentenced to prison.
- Judge dismisses lawsuit claiming Shaq kidnapped record label partner to recover a sex tape.
- Michael Beasley alleges he took improper benefits while at Kansas State in his counter suit against former agent.
- Dodgers’ legal team claims beaten Giants fan shares the liability.
- Scholarship reform is now, as the NCAA approves initial changes.
- Eagles quarterback Vince Young has been hit with a lawsuit by a strip club manager.
- ‘Field of Dreams’ property sold and sports complex to be built.
- Cubs look to lift historic landmark status to make renovations.
- Cleveland Indians decline option of Grady Sizemore making him a free agent.
- Julian Edelman, Patriots receiver, is arrested for assault and battery.
- West Virginia University is look for help from the courts in leaving the Big East two years before completion of 27-month waiting period required in the conference bylaws.
Tell us what you think!! We would love to hear your opinion.
Be sure to check in next Wednesday for the PULSE!!