Look no further for the latest in Sports and Entertainment Law News!
Putting Up Links for Sports and Entertainment…the PULSE.
- Steven Seagal and Sheriff Joe Arpaio are now being sued for emotional distress and property damage after a high-profile, televised raid.
- Octomom’s doctor begged the court to temporarily return his medical license because he claims he is ‘barely surviving,’ but it was to no avail.
- A look at recent air travel mishaps by famous celebs.
- Lawsuit is dismissed after an apology was made by the Bellamy Brothers after alleging that Britney Spears’ hit song ‘Hold it Against Me,’ was a rip off of their 1979 hit song.
- Elvis Presley’s estate sues Arista Music for unpaid royalties from ringtones, downloads, and apps that feature Elvis’s hit songs.
- Evidence has surfaced suggesting the Motion Picture Association of America is the driving force behind a big Australian copyright case.
- ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ producers sue Fox Searchlight for $10 million in missing home video and tv licensing revenue.
- According to police Celine Dion was the victim of a fridge raiding burlary.
- The Game claims he was booted out of a LA restaurant because he was black. The restaurant claims they were simply enforcing their dress code.
- Plane full of Hockey stars crashes as it takes off in Russia.
- UK paintball facility issues warnings for extra padding after woman’s breast implant exploded during a game.
- Bonds’ sentencing for conviction of obstruction of justice is scheduled for December 16th.
- Is time running out for an NBA season?
- The New England Patriots add depth as they sign Brian Waters to a two year $5.5 million deal.
- Natasha’s Law in Texas will protect student athletes on the field.
- A federal judge has cleared the way for a second Roger Clemens perjury trial.
- UPS scores one of the largest sponsorship profiles in Division I college sports.
- Pittsburg Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall files lawsuit after a lucrative endorsement deal is cancelled because of tweet.
- Wrestling superstar Kurt Angle claims his BAC was ‘way under’ the legal limit and there may be proof to back up his story.
Tell us what you think! We would love to hear your opinion.
Be sure to check in next Wednesday for the PULSE!!