Look no further for the latest in Sports and Entertainment Law News!
Putting Up Links for Sports and Entertainment…the PULSE
- Actor Burt Reynolds is reportedly facing foreclosure on his Florida mansion. (picture of mansion included)
- Lindsay Lohan is suing rapper PitBull for a lyric in his song, ‘Give Me Everything,’ which referenes her stay in jail last year.
- First lawsuit (wrongful death) filed after Indiana State Fair stage collapse.
- A fair use copyright defense for the Sundance documentary ’Catfish’ may hinge on whether or not the film is actually a hoax.
- What duty of care was owed by this mystery friend? Ex-Warrant singer Jani Lane was found carrying a note on the day he died.
- Joe Francis insists he never laid a hand on the woman who claims the ‘Girls Gone Wild’ honcho assaulted her in a Hollywood mansion.
- Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy (and his wife) is getting sued by a construction worker who claims he was fired for wearing an Oklahoma Sooner baseball T-shirt.
- NFL defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth pleads no contest to an assault charge and received community service in exchange for prosecutors dropping sexual assault charges that would have meant 6 months in jail.
- LSU football players hire lawyer and put off meeting with police concerning bar fight.
- The Spanish La Liga player strike shows that American leagues aren’t the only ones feeling the economic crunch.
- A very interesting economic perspective on why the NBA owners are making the wrong arguments in the lockout.
- University of Miami scandal draws ire of fans, NCAA, and former players.
Tell us what you think! We would love to hear your opinion.
Be sure to check in next Wednesday for the PULSE!!