Weekly Sports & Entertainment Law PULSE
- Oprah Winfrey dodges $100 million lawsuit when Pennsylvania judge dismisses copyright suit over plagiarizing a book.
- Claiming her daughter stabbed her with scissors, California judge still dismisses actress Katherine Ross’ restraining order request.
- Nabbed at .22 actress Jaime Pressley becomes the latest celebrity arrested for DUI.
- The creator of the Madden video game is suing Electronic Arts for 20 years of royalties.
- Supposedly Hugh Hefner is not going to ask for a prenuptial agreement from 24 year old fiance Crystal Harris. What could go wrong?
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ star Richard Hatch has turned himself in to do 9 months in prison for his 2005 tax evasion.
- Madonna, Cher,…Lindsay? Apparently, Lindsay Lohan considers herself a big enough star to go just by her first name, as a name change is in the works.
- Dallas high school baseball players accused of sacrificing chickens to improve play.
- NFl players seek $4billion dollars in TV revenue suit.
- Madden 2012 will introduce realistic concussion feature into gameplay.
- Duke lacrosse accuser arrested for allegedly stabbing boyfriend.
- Prosecutor’s in the federal case against former MLB star Barry Bonds say that a video tape of a conversation between Bonds and his doctor has reappeared and the fight to get it in trial begins.
- Spanish football and American football have something in common-labor disputes over revenue distribution.
- One goalie is suing another over personal rights after one claimed the other belonged on a Muppet Show.
- After weeks of sparring the first day of court is set for this week between the players and the NFL with each side looking to send an early blow.
Tell us what you think! We would love to hear your opinion.
Be sure to check in next Wednesday for the PULSE!